The New Jersey Veterinary Medical Association (NJVMA) was founded in 1884 and is a professional association representing the state's veterinarians. The NJVMA is dedicated to advancing the veterinary profession in New Jersey.
Veterinary Practices and Independant Practitioners - JOIN US!
Veterinary Students - JOIN US!
WHAT WE DO
- We provide continuing education programs to veterinarians so they can provide optimum care for pets
- We offer information on effective practice management to veterinarians so they are better equipped to serve the needs of pet owners
- We conduct hospital inspections to encourage the highest standards in veterinary facilities
§ Business & Regulatory Assistance - Need to know how to get your new grad associate a temporary license? Call the NJVMA. What should you do when an animal is abandoned at your practice? Call the NJVMA. What are your client's options for veterinary care when the puppy she just bought from the pet store has hip dysplasia? Call the NJVMA.
§ Group Health Benefits - The NJVMA is pleased to announce the availability of comprehensive, self-funded health benefit plans through the NJVMA and the Association Master Trust (AMT) with claim administration and provider networks provided by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey and the Delta Dental Plan of New Jersey. These plans are only available to member practices with two or more full-time employees. NJVMA member practices now have access to self-funded medical and dental plans that provide coverage through some of the largest provider networks. Core medical products include Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans and a remarkable Point of Service (POS). There is competitive pricing that may offer some of the lowest rates in New Jersey and no primary care physician (gatekeeper) requirement or referral hassle.
§ Insurance Programs - Custom designed insurance for veterinarians and their practices. Coverage includes property/casualty, Safety Group Dividend Program and worker's compensation.
NJVMA PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- One-stop source for questions on New Jersey practice
- Hospital Inspection
- Credit Card Processing (through Retail Council Services Corp.)
- Care Credit
- Annual Meeting
- Animal Hall of Fame
- Liaison with State Board of Veterinary Examiners
- Liaison with NJ Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Association
- Representation on NJ Animal Welfare Federation
- Representation on Domestic Companion Animal Council
- Representation on Animal Emergency Working Group (formerly AEPARC)
- Legislative committee (monitor bills and lobby)
- Regulatory review (review of all proposed NJ regulations)
- Political Action Committee (grass roots network and contributions to key legislators)
- Representation in AVMA House of Delegates
- Public Relations activities (press releases, media relations, All Things Animal, promotion of the profession, media training, etc)
- Membership Directory
- Annual Report
- Weekly eGram
- Mentoring of students and new grads
- Annual Holiday party
- Group health benefits program
- Safety group insurance program (property casualty)
- Sponsorship of Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference
- Constituent association support
THE NEW JERSEY VETERINARY FOUNDATION
The philanthropic arm of the NJVMA is the New Jersey Veterinary Foundation (NJVF). The NJVF assists New Jersey veterinarians in celebrating the special relationship shared between people and animals, known as the human-animal bond, by developing animal welfare programs and supporting other existing programs that contribute to the well-being of animals and enhance the human-animal bond. For more information on the NJVF, click here.
NJVF PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
§ Scholarship program
§ Support of pet-loss grief hotline
§ Support of therapy animal programs