More InformationMontville Veterinary Group is a busy small animal hospital in Northern New Jersey. We have grown rapidly over the past 10 years and are looking to expand our medical staff with individuals who are passionate about delivering excellent patient care in a great team environment. We strive to provide high quality veterinary care while maintaining a relaxed work atmosphere. We offer a fun, fast-paced environment where you will learn and advance your career.
Job Overview: We are seeking a part-time or full-time Veterinary Technician who has graduated from an AVMA-accredited technician program. As a technician in our practice, you will be responsible for providing patient care while using your training to perform routine diagnostic testing, venipuncture, IV catheter placement, nursing care and assist in routine office appointments. Additionally, our Technicians assist our team of four doctors with digital radiology, anesthesia administration/monitoring, surgery, and dentistry with digital x-ray.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of an AVMA-accredited technician program with certification
- Excellent client communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Working knowledge of routine diagnostic testing and radiology, anesthesia administration and monitoring, dentistry, nursing care, catheter placement, and venipuncture
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Successful completion of a veterinary internship program
- 1-3 years hands on experience in a veterinary clinic is preferred but willing to train and teach a new graduate.
- Full-time employees receive an excellent benefit package including health insurance, paid CE, uniform allowance, IRA retirement package and paid vacation. Salary is based on experience.
E-mail Cover Letter and Resume to MVGmanagement@optonline.net