Notice to NJVMA Members Participating in the AMT Insurance Plan
Association Master Trust (AMT) is waiving the “actively at work” requirement for those employees furloughed or temporarily laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic under the following conditions:
- The waiver is for a limited duration and only for employers impacted by COVID-19.
- The employer should document their policy as a special COVID-19 business continuity plan that will be applied uniformly to all staff in the same class of employees to help ensure no discrimination.
- AMT will allow furloughed employees or employees whose work hours may have been reduced to stay on the plan for the next 60 days.
- Coverage will remain active for those furloughed or otherwise temporarily laid off employees assuming the employer continues to meet premium payments.
- If staff is permanently terminated, COBRA or New Jersey continuation of coverage rules may apply.
- At the employer’s discretion the new employee waiting period may be waived for those furloughed employees who are returning to work within the 60-day period that the actively at work provision has been waived.
NJVMA members should contact AMT (not NJVMA) with any questions regarding claims or benefits:
You can also visit www.amt-nj.com for additional information related to increased coverage for COVID-19 testing, as well as information for telehealth and or 24/7 nurse hotline services.