Controlled Substances 101: How & Why You Must Comply!
Please join us for breakfast and a presentation featuring Jan Woods, Professional Services & Regulatory Affairs Manager at CUBEX, LLC. Registration is FREE to NJVMA and NJVHMA members, $150 to non-members.
Increase your Federal, State and DEA regulatory compliance awareness, reduce risk and discuss improved and simplified record keeping and inventory controls for your veterinary clinic/hospital.
- Learn how to minimize your risk by instituting effective controlled substance systems.
- Learn what’s really required by the DEA for controlled substance compliance in your practice.
- Learn how the DEA’s controlled substance regulations affect your practice.
- Learn why you should follow the DEA’s controlled substance regulations, when you feel that nobody else does.
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently manage your controlled substances, according to regulations and best practice suggestions.
- Learn how to make your controlled substance inventories easier and more accurate.
- Learn what to do if your practice experiences an internal or external loss or theft of controlled substances.
- Learn what to do if a DEA Agent (aka auditor), or any other State or Federal agent comes to inspect your practice.
Monday, November 11, 2019
315 Robbinsville Allentown Rd
Robbinsville Twp, NJ 08691
8:30am: Registration and Breakfast
9:00am – 12:00pm: Presentation
*These sessions have been approved for 3 hours of RACE CE units
About Jan Woods
Jan Woods’ health care career has spanned over thirty years in both human and veterinary medicine. She was the Hospital Administrator for Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center of Kansas City, (VSEC) prior to becoming Co-owner, Hospital Administrator and Vice President of the Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson, (VSCT) from 2004 to 2016. Jan is currently the Professional Services & Regulatory Affairs Manager for Cubex, LLC. In this role she speaks and consults with veterinarians nationally on a full-time basis. Her areas of expertise encompass clinic and hospital practice management, operations, finance, human resources, employee engagement, marketing and compliance with state, federal and DEA regulations.
Jan served as a two-time President of Veterinary Specialty Practice Alliance (VSPA). In 2012 Jan received the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Southern Arizona Business Woman Owner of the Year Award. Ms. Woods was a finalist for the international Athena Award. She was also selected in 2011 as one of the “Committee of 100 Women by the Girls Scouts of Southern Arizona Sahuaro”, nominated for The Tucson Women of Influence award in 2010 & 2011 and received the Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition in Recognition of Outstanding & Invaluable Service to the Community in 2010.
THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS!